Hello and a late Happy Monday to you!
I just love this picture that Caroline drew last year! She has lovely wrinkles and a happy smile. She may not be able to see when she puts on her makeup, but what do you expect when you are 100 years old! I love the cane and with the purple dress and necklace, she is almost ready for the red hat society…she just needs the hat! And what outfit is complete without shoes?? Look at those lovely green flats she has. Caroline’s rosy view of life shows through in this drawing and I just love it and her!
The only thing that Caroline’s picture has to do with this Happy Monday post is that I like the picture…that’s about it!
First let’s recap the weekend:
- Frigid temps all weekend. And windy too!
- Girl Scout Cookie booth at Cash Wise was a blast…especially because we were inside and the company was fabulous!
- Girl Scout Cookie booth at Walmart was successful and the company was great, but I couldn’t feel my toes and was in tears when I got home! Addie was a trooper, she showed her momma up – she smiled and kept greeting people as they walked by and she did not cry, not even once! This was an outside booth and the wind chill felt like it was at least –30F. Our booth mates kept us going and I have to give a shout out to all the folks who stopped and bought cookies on such a bitter cold day!
- Boys went to Winter Breakaway and came back happy but tired.
- 7 out of 10 Jansen’s tested positive for strep on Thursday and Friday. Shout out to Dr. Hu and Nurse Stasia for their awesome customer service and making a crumby situation doable!
- Got to hold babies on Sunday.
- Got to celebrate Garrett’s birthday with mini cheesecakes…first time anyone has requested those. He was pretty happy, just missed his buddy Jake!
Monday was better:
- Proofed homework and printed final copies. Placed in folder with a red pen and am ready for my class on Friday, and hopefully just as ready for the test on Saturday. Wish me luck!
- Folded 6 loads of laundry and got two more started in the wash.
- Deep cleaned the Lego lover’s room. If I did not love that kid so much, I would not have picked every tiny specialty piece out of every nook and cranny…the crunching sound in the vacuum would have been sooooo much more satisfying.
- Set appointments and went trolling for others…just waiting on responses.
- Dealt with insurance company mistakes…still dealing…thankful to have insurance at all.
- Got my Cricut to communicate with my computer…FINALLY! (needed a little distraction that didn’t have anything to do with being mission critical).
- Thanks for the help Joe and Gav…couldn’t have done it without you.
- Used to be I was the one who figured out the computer talking type stuff on my own.
- Now I gotta get my kids to help.
- I am feeling like the lady in the picture!
Well, I doubt that was particularly helpful to anyone or even relevant, but it was the way it rolled this weekend. I am looking forward to productivity and playfulness and warm weather before the week is out! Hope you all have a great week!